HomeLucky Strike Cigarettes
Cigarette company's shares are growing despite the anti-smoking law.
Analysts, however, believe that investors will be indifferent to the new anti-smoking laws as long as the price of tobacco products is steadily increasing.
Women don't want to quit smoking because of the weight gain myth.
Smoking can lead to complete indifference to food because the nicotine muffles taste buds.
Cigarettes made in America were recognized the most harmful to health.
According to studies, the content of nitrosamines (one of the strongest carcinogens) in foreign cigarettes are significantly lower than in American Marlboro, in some cases is lower more than 50%.
Interesting Facts about Lucky Strike
Every brand has its own history; however, history often brings specific interesting facts related to its object and Lucky Strike is no exception from this rule. Here are the most interesting facts / myths / stories about this brand.
- The real reference behind the name of this brand should be related to American, the 19th century; specifically, to the Golden Rush. Due to the fact that most people looking for gold in these days used precarious methods, in most cases finding gold was directly related to luck. When they found gold, they used to say they had a lucky strike. Thus, Lucky Strike designates any act which implies finding a treasure out of luck.
- Lucky Strike is probably the brand with the longest unaltered image in the history of American cigarettes. The logo today is almost identical to the original logo.
- It is said that some Lucky Strike packs have marijuana joints in them. However, this is just an urban myth.
- Between 1930 and 1940, this brand became so popular that asking for a "pack of luckies" at a store would actually mean asking for cigarettes.
- He Pingping, the smallest man in the world, appears in the 2007 Lucky Strike advertisement campaign.
- This was the first brand to focus on the difference between sun-dried tobacco and toasted tobacco. This is where the initial tagline comes - "It's toasted".
- "Reach for a Lucky instead of a sweet" was a marketing campaign carried by Lucky Strike to make people aware of the fact that smoking can be correlated to weight loss.
- Before advertising cigarettes, this brand was used for chewing tobacco.
Most of these facts come from the impact between a rather traditional society and a manufacturer who had quite a progressive way of thinking. It is precisely this avant-garde which made the brand so special over the years.